Do you want to make dabs but don't feel like buying all kinds of tools? Then Weed Wax is the right thing for you! You can make the weed concentrate with a little weed, a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and home-garden-and-kitchen tools. Are you doing it right? Then you should have THC-rich dabs within 10 hours, which will get you nice and stoned with just a few puffs.
In this 4-part course we’ll teach you how you can make high-quality dabs in a professional manner. You’ll find everything here: the equipment, a step-by-step plan, handy photos and clear instructions. Furthermore, in each part we will point out the advantages and disadvantages of each weed concentrate. All so that you can enjoy them in a responsible manner.
- Part 1: Making Rosin
- Part 2: Making BHO Hash Oil (Shatter/Crumble)
- Part 3: Making THC Wax
- Part 4: Making Ice-O-Lator
Are you looking for items with which you can make dabs? Rosin press, oil extractor or something else? Check out what’s on offer in. You’ll find everything you need here!
What is Weed Wax?
Weed Wax, also called thc wax or honeycomb, is a weed concentrate made by extracting cannabinoids, terpenes and other substances from cannabis with the use of alcohol. All the active substances are "eaten" by the alcohol, so to speak. After you have filtered the substance a number of times and let the alcohol evaporate, you are left with a very powerful cannabis concentrate: THC Wax.
Weed Wax can contain a THC percentage of 50 to 80%. This doesn't only depend on the potency of the weed you're using. The production process also plays an important role. Making weed wax is relatively safe compared to, for example, making BHO. The only thing you have to be careful with is the alcohol.
BHO and Weed Wax
BHO (butane hash oil) and THC wax are often confused with each other. The end product looks very similar, but the production process is very different. BHO is made by extraction with butane gas or dimethyl ether. Wax is made with alcohol. You can also achieve higher THC percentages with BHO. Although you do need specific equipment such as an. Wax can be made with tools that most people have at home. That is part of the reason why it is very popular in the dabbing scene.
Advantages of Weed Wax
Low cost and a powerful product
The big advantage of making weed wax is that you don't have to spend a lot of money to buy the required tools. You will need weed anyway if you are going to make dabs. You can get isopropyl alcohol anywhere and the rest can often be found in your own kitchen. Even though it's relatively cheap, the end product doesn't lie. High quality THC wax can exceed 80% THC. Something that Rosin, for example, just can't reach. To top it all off, the taste of the weed is also preserved during the production process. If you do it correctly at least!
Easy, quick and safe
Making THC wax is no rocket science. Anyone can do it. Luckily, it's also safe. You're not working with highly flammable gases or anything like that. You just have to be careful with the alcohol. In total it takes about 10 hours to make weed wax. In those ten hours you hardly have to do anything yourself.
- Enough weed (preferably with as high a THC percentage as possible)
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Freezer container and/or
- Fine-mesh kitchen strainer
- Oven tray
- Coffee filters
- Glass or
Making Weed Wax in a Few Steps
When you have all the materials you need, you can start making weed wax. You can make wax with just a few grams of weed, but for a decent amount we recommend to take at least 8 to 10 grams of weed. Please read the following steps carefully before you get started. Good luck!
- Preheat your oven to 105 to 115 degrees Celsius. This is the perfect temperature to decarboxylate your weed. This is necessary to convert the THCA and CBDA into the active THC and CBD, so you can get high or stoned. Do not let the temperature exceed 120 degrees Celsius. If that happens, terpenes will get lost and this will have a negative effect on the taste and potency of your final product.
- Grab your weed and crumble it into little pieces. Not as small as you would to make a joint, but small enough to pass through the opening of a bottle of water. Spread out all the weed in an oven tray and let it 'bake' in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Take the decarboxylated weed out of the oven and put it in a freezer container. Place both the container and the bottle of isopropyl alcohol in the freezer and leave it for 4 to 6 hours. You want to freeze both the weed and the alcohol.
- Take them both out of the freezer. Now pour the alcohol into the container that has the weed, while stirring. Make sure the weed is completely 'under water' and keep stirring for half a minute. Now take a new container and the fine-mesh kitchen strainer.
Be careful: Don't wait too long! Make sure that the ground weed does not remain in contact with the alcohol for too long. About half a minute is more than enough. Will you leave it there much longer? Then the potency of your concentrate will strongly decrease.
- Strain the mixture of weed and alcohol through the kitchen strainer and let it drain into the second container. You can't use the weed anymore. You can throw it away.
- Grab another container or a silicone tray. Also grab the coffee filters (unbleached). Now you are going to filter the liquid again with a coffee filter. Simply hold the filter above the container or tray and pour the liquid into it. You can possibly use a funnel to make it easier for yourself and keep your hands free. Wait patiently until everything is drained through the coffee filter and squeeze it out a little more.
- Now it's time to let the alcohol evaporate. The best way to do this is by filling a container or bucket with boiling hot water. Then put the (heat resistant) container or tray with filtered liquid on top of the hot water. This will speed up the evaporation. Wait until all alcohol has evaporated. You can notice this by the structure of the weed concentrate. When it is ready for use, it is no longer liquid. It has a syrupy structure and it is very sticky.
Because THC wax is so sticky, it is difficult to store in a zip-bag. Use a silicone storage jar instead.
Dabbing THC Wax
There are many ways to use your homemade THC wax, weed wax or honeycomb. One method is more efficient than the other. Here are some suggestions on how to use your wax:
Rub the wax on your joint. This is certainly not the most efficient way to consume it. But it's nice and easy and you will get stoned as well.
Dabbing in a dab bong or dab rig. This is the most common way to smoke your dabs. Want to know how it works? Check the information on the product pages.
- Dabbing with a Vape Pen. These devices are very suitable for consuming any kind of dabs. You put a little bit in the and you can take about 20 puffs. Super efficient, tasty and healthier than a dab bong or dab rig.
Looking for items for? You can find everything here. The most beautiful dab bongs, vape pens, dabbers, carb caps and much more!