You are not allowed to buy shrooms that are ready for use. But in a handful of countries it’s completely legal to buy a shroom grow kit and cultivate shrooms for yourself at home. Thinking of buying a shroom grow kit from us? In that case you’ll be able to cultivate the best quality shrooms and you’ll get clear information about the process.
Using magic mushrooms? Do it safely and take the correct dosage. Calculate the dosage with our
Shrooms or Magic Mushrooms are fungi that contain the active substances psilocybin and psilocin. These trip drugs are known for their strongly hallucinogenic and psychedelic effects. You cannot buy shrooms in a shop, but you are allowed to cultivate them with a shroom grow kit. Provided that’s legal in the country where you live, of course (as it is in the Netherlands). Shrooms are natural and partly for that reason are more popular than other trip substances like LSD or 2C-B.
It’s incredibly easy and good fun to cultivate shrooms with your own grow kit. Within 3 weeks you’ll have your own shrooms and can start tripping. Look forward to a heavy but nevertheless pleasant experience when you go and use these trip drugs. Colours become brighter, sounds more intense and images start to spin. Visions of wonderful patterns, fits of laughter and a feeling of being connected to the earth may be part of the experience. Do you want to try it? Look for a nice shroom grow kit and away you go!
Are Magic Mushrooms Legal?
Although ready-to-eat magic mushrooms are prohibited in the Netherlands, there are still legal alternatives to experience the magical effect of psilocybin Magic Mushrooms.
All magic mushrooms are illegal in the Netherlands as recreational smart drug. Magic Truffles (Psilocybine Sclerotia) are the subterranean Magic Mushrooms that contain the same psychoactive substances psilocine en psilocybine. These legally alternatives provide almost the same effects as Magic Mushrooms. Here you can buy the best Magic Truffles, but you can also order Magic Mushroom grow kits. Grow your own magic mushrooms - also legally.
Cultivating shrooms is really simple. On this page, you can select from various shroom grow kits. Check out the product information for the specifications of each type of shroom. Once you receive your kit at home, you can get started. The box contains a tray with ‘one cake’ in it. This is what we call the substrate where the shroom mycelium (roots) are located and from which they grow. As well as the cake, you get a special grow bag and paper clips for sealing it. That’s all you need to cultivate shrooms. Would you like a clear explanation and/or more information about cultivating shrooms? Check out our detailed guide and learn how you can cultivate magic mushrooms like a pro.
Shroom Grow Kit: the Basic Rules
Growing magic mushrooms with a magic mushroom grow kit is not difficult, but you do need to know what you are doing. There are a few basic rules that you should always follow carefully, otherwise mushroom growing is doomed to fail. Here are a few basic rules to give you an idea of how a magic mushroom grow kit works (the indicated temperature and humidity do not apply to copelandia, liberty caps or azurescens magic mushrooms):
- Work extremely hygienically: a shroom grow kit is extremely sensitive to infections. For that reason, it’s very important that you work as cleanly as possible when you come into contact with the kit. Wash and disinfect your hands or use gloves for the best result. Also, breathing on a shroom grow kit can be disastrous. Your breath can contaminate the kit and lead to the wrong kind of fungi developing. You can find more tips about working hygienically in the guide.
- Temperature: a shroom grow kit needs to be kept warm. Are you going to cultivate shrooms? If so, make sure the kit is in a room where the temperature is between 20°C and 25°C. The ideal temperature is 23.5 °C. That’s the temperature at which your magic mushrooms feel most at home.
- Humid environment: the environment for your magic mushrooms must be humid. That’s why you enclose them in a bag and ensure that the humidity is high there. Our shroom grow kits come supplied with the right kind of bag. Ideally, you should ensure throughout the whole cultivation process that there is condensation on the inside of the bag. That’s what they really like.
These are just the basic rules. Check out the information for each grow kit for a handy step-by-step plan.
Shroom Grow Kit: Which One is Right for You?
There are a lot of different types of shroom grow kits. To give you some idea of the differences between the shroom types, we have listed the main characteristics for each shroom for you to see at a glance. Tip: are you going to buy shrooms? Check out the differences first and then make your choice.
- Thai Shroom Grow Kit: this grow kit is the best known by far. The cubensis (latin name for Thai) is an approachable shroom. It’s somewhat less strong than other types, but don’t be misled. The mushrooms from this shroom grow kit will take you on a heavy trip and you may even hallucinate. Look on it as an entry model.
- Mexican Shroom Grow Kit: the most popular grow kit in our shop! An easy to cultivate shroom with euphoric effects, laughter fits and mild hallucinations. With the extra large 2,100 cc tray, you can grow up to a good 700 grammes of shrooms!
- Golden Teacher Shroom Grow Kit: with Golden Teacher you are going to a higher level. This variety is relatively strong compared to other types. The philosophical magic mushrooms produce strong visual effects and fantastical spiritual experiences. This shroom’s cap can grow to up to 8 centimetres in width. Super huge for self-cultivation!
Mushroom Grow Kit McKennaii: the strongest cubensis in our range. Do you want to experience an intense trip? Ready to see what real psychonauts experience? Go for McKennaii magic mushrooms. These literally take you on a journey. Experience unprecedented visual effects, gain new insights into yourself and go completely out-of-this-world with this powerful magic mushroom. They bear the name of Terrence McKenna, who has put the magic mushroom on the map worldwide.
Which Mushroom is the Strongest?
The question "which mushroom is the strongest" comes up regularly. That's the Psilocybe azurescens. But this one only grows well outdoors and is complex to grow yourself. What might be more convenient for you is the strongest magic mushroom you can grow indoors anyway. Meet Panaeolus cyanescens!
- Panaeolus cyanescens growkit "Hawaiians": haunts the question “which mushroom is the strongest?” been on your mind for a while? Search no further! This is our strongest magic mushroom that grows indoors in a complete all-in-one grow kit. These mushrooms are also known as Hawaiian, Blue Meanies and Copelandia, in tribute to a well-known biologist of yesteryear. These mushrooms are 4-5 times stronger than the above mushrooms, but require more attention and actions from the grower. Therefore, read the manual on the product page of the Hawaiians very carefully. For example, they need a top layer of soil that you get with it and they have a slightly shorter growing time. They are completely different in shape; but yes, these mushrooms also come from a different family.
Growing magic mushrooms Alternative: Magic Truffles
In our smartshop we do not only offer a colorful selection of hallucinogenic truffles, but also grow kits for growing your own magic mushrooms. And if you unexpectedly end up in a bad trip, we have the Mushroom Stopper on shelf to help you get back into reality.
Magic Truffles are the legal alternative to Magic Mushrooms. These subterranean mushrooms are packed with psilocybin to give you a new perspective on reality. Magic Truffles come in all shapes and sizes. The effects of Magic Truffles therefore depend on the type of truffle and the quantity you consume.More than 200 species of mushrooms that contain psilocybin exist. Although they are collectively known as "Magic Mushrooms", only a few species are suitable for recreational use.
- Psilocybe Tampanensis (Philosopher's Stone) truffles are truffles for starters. If you have never eaten mushrooms or truffles before, it is best to go for this variety.
- Psilocybe Mexicana (Flesh of the God) truffles are much more visual than the Tampanensis, but are not as strong as e.g. the Mushrocks or Dutch Dragons.
- The Psilocybe Galindoii (MushRocks) will bring you an intense visual experience, without a profound distortion of reality.
- The Psilocybe Tampelandia (High Hawaiians) are strong visual truffles from our product range and ensure kaleidoscopic visions.
- The Psilocybe Naranja (Dutch Dragons) are the option for really experienced psychonauts, and give you the strongest possible visual effects.
Magic Truffles and Shrooms Effects
Shrooms and Magic Truffles have roughly the same effect. That’s because the main active substances are present in both trip drugs. Shrooms grow above ground and truffles underground. You should also be aware that truffles are legal, whereas shrooms are not. The effect is virtually the same. With both tripping substances, you can expect to have an intense, psychedelic experience. The advantage of dried shrooms is that you need less to get the same effect. With shrooms therefore, you can often achieve a higher level by eating less. Take between 1 and 5 grammes of dried shrooms for the desired effect. 5 grammes will be extremely powerful – do not exceed this amount for whichever shroom you are taking.
The effects of Magic Mushrooms should never be underestimated. With a typical dose of 20 to 30 grams of fresh mushrooms you will experience visual and auditory hallucinations. Subtle effects are the intensifying of color, but also music sounds more beautiful. Some, powerful hallucinations seamlessly blend in with reality. A lamp can spring to life; you feel like melting with the couch you're sitting on and even spiritual experiences can occur. The effect peaks about one and a half to two hours after ingestion. A magic mushroom trip normally takes up to six hours, though the effects and duration of a magic mushroom trip depends on the type of Magic Mushroom.
Within the diverse collection of fresh Magic Truffles from McSmart, there is something for each of us. From starter-truffles to truffles for seasoned psychonauts. Be carried away along alternative dimensions with Dutch Headshop's McSmart!
Buying Shrooms? Go for a Shroom Grow Kit!
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to buy ready-to-use shrooms. You’ll have to get them via a shroom grow kit on this page. But don’t worry. Within roughly 3 weeks, you’ll have your own high-quality, potent shrooms. So, it’s not actually necessary to buy shrooms that are ready for eating.