The harvest season has arrived! Until mid-October, you can cut your beloved cannabis plants to your heart's content, but what are you going to do with the rest of the weed? Or when you won't smoke or vape it? Very simple: make nice recipes with it. No matter what kind of cannabis you have at home; everything can be used in recipes. How about a delicious space cake or creamy weed butter? Super simple, and only with a few ingredients. We have put together our top 5 cannabis recipes for the harvest season. Enjoy!
Note: when eating weed, it will take about 30 - 60 minutes before you start noticing it. Therefore, never eat too fast, or too much in a short time. Wait a long time before you take more.
1. Creamy Cannabis Butter (2 ingredients!)
You use butter in many dishes. You can bake or fry with it. When using cannabis, you kill two birds with one stone. Each dish is given a new dimension, and it can be used in an infinite amount of dishes. As icing on the cake: vegan cannabis butter is possible with margarine.
The ingredients for cannabis butter: cannabis and butter.
- 500 grams of cannabis *
- About 15 to 20 grams of cannabis (depending on how strong you prefer your cannabis butter)
* For a vegan version, use 100% vegetable margarine.
- Saucepan with lid
- Tray to store the cannabis butter
How Do You Make Cannabis Butter?
- Grind your weed. The finer, the better.
- Put the cannabis and butter in a saucepan, and slowly (!) bring it to boil.
- When it boils, let it simmer for about three hours, until the mixture has a green color from the cannabis. Stir well in between, so that it won't burn.
- Allow the mixture to cool down in temperature, and pour it through a sieve, so to remove the remaining plant material.
- Pour the mixture into a receptacle where you can easily scrape or scoop it out later.
- Put your cannabis butter in the refrigerator and let the cannabis butter stiffen for at least eight hours.
Tip: use a saucepan with a lid to simmer the butter and cannabis. This helps you to prevent spills, splashes and burns when the butter starts splashing.
2. Space cake - Endless Possibilities!
Space cake! If there is one well-known recipe, it is space cake. Why? It is easy to prepare, with endless varieties. Throw some chocolate flakes through the batter, a banana, nuts, white chocolate, macaroons or syrup waffles, and there it is: a new space cake variation. The possibilities are endless! Start experimenting and discover what you like (and what not).
Make your space cake really special by adding extra ingredients. Check step 5.
Requirements (12 pieces)
- 225 grams (cannabis) butter (see also recipe 1. Creamy cannabis butter above)
- 8 grams of weed (you can increase this if you prefer more)
- 225 grams of flour (or spelt flour)
- 160 milliliters (vegetable) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt.
- Baking form to your liking
- Whisk or mixer
How do you prepare a space cake?
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Melt the (cannabis) butter in a pan or microwave.
- Meanwhile, grind your weed. The finer, the better. If not, you get lumps in your batter.
- Beat the cannabis, melted butter, eggs, baking powder, salt and flour in a bowl with a whisk or mixer until it's smooth.
- Add extras to your liking to the space cake. Options: chocolate flakes, sprinkles, chocolate, waffles, macaroons, raisins or nuts. Just what you like!
- Grease the baking tin with (cannabis) butter, or cover it with baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes. Pierce with a wooden skewer to see if the space cake is also ready inside.
- Allow the space cake to cool down well before you start eating it. Enjoy your meal!
3. Special Space Brownies (4 Ingredients!)
A delicious brownie, impossible to reject. And certainly not with these 'special space brownies'. Delicious as a dessert, or just as a snack. In addition, you only need four ingredients for this recipe!
Improve your brownie even further? Pour some (warm) chocolate sauce over it when serving it.
- Brownie baking mix to your liking, for example from Dr.Oetker or a private label
- 4 to 18 grams of cannabis (depending on how strong you want the brownie to be)
- 50 grams (cannabis) butter (see recipe above: 1. Creamy cannabis butter) *
- 100 ml of water *
* Always check the amount of water and butter you need on the packaging of the baking mix. This will be the starting point.
- Brownie baking form
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or mixer
How Do You Make Space Brownies?
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Grind the weed. The finer, the better. To avoid lumps in the batter.
- Beat the brownie baking mix, water and cannabis with a whisk or mixer into a smooth batter in a bowl.
- Put baking paper into the baking, or grease it with (cannabis) butter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin.
- Put the Space Brownie in the oven for about 40 minutes. Pierce it with a wooden skewer to see if the brownie is ready.
- Let it cool down for about 10 seconds, before swallowing it. Also having a party? Put cream on top and / or (warm) chocolate sauce ;-).
4. Enjoy! Cannabis Tea (vegan)
Winter is coming! That means tea, fireplace and a good movie. Now, with your weed leftovers you can steep a delicious cannabis tea. You will certainly surprise your friends. It's super simple. Worth trying, we would say.
Cannabis tea is also tasty with some extra honey, sugar or a little (vegetable) milk.
- 0.5 grams of weed
- 200 ml of boiling water
- Half a teaspoon of (cannabis) butter
- 1 tea bag (with contents) of your choice, for example rooibos tea or English tea
- Baking pan
- Tea egg
- Saucepan, casserole or a normal pan
How Do You Make Cannabis Tea?
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the cannabis to the (cannabis) butter and stir well.
- When the butter and the cannabis are well-mixed, add the contents of a tea bag (of your choice) to the mixture. Keep stirring well, otherwise it will burn.
- Let the mixture gently steep, until it is one whole and turns dark.
- Put the mixture in a tea egg.
- In the meantime, boil 200 ml of water and let the tea ball steep for about 30 minutes. Depending on how strong you want your tea to be. Meanwhile, let the water gently simmer.
- Pour the cannabis tea into a glass. If necessary, add sugar, milk or honey.
5. For Sweet Summer nights: Cannabis Ice cream
To end our list: cannabis ice cream! Especially for the real ice cream and summer lovers. Super easy and fast. A very surprising dessert no one expects after a meal, or delicious on a sultry summer evening. And the best? Endless options. Tasty with chocolate pieces, various fruit or nuts. Everything is possible! Just what you prefer.
- 7 to 8 grams of weed
- 500 ml whipped cream (prefer something creamier? Add 350 ml cream and 150 ml mascarpone)
- 125 grams of (cannabis) butter
- 75 grams of sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Pinch of salt
- Baking pan
- Cake form
- Whisk or mixer
How Do You Make Cannabis Ice cream?
- Heat the whipped cream in a saucepan until it boils. Stir frequently.
- Grind the weed. The finer, the better. If not, you get lumps in your batter.
- Meanwhile, heat the (cannabis) butter, the sugar and a pinch of salt in the other frying pan.
- When the butter has melted and everything is mixed well, add the ground weed. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, keep stirring well so it won't burn.
- Beat the butter mixture through the whipped cream with a whisk or mixer.
- Peel the bananas, and put them into a bowl. Add a bit of honey to the bananas.
- Mix the banana mix together with the butter-cream mixture in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk or mixer until it is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a cake tin, and put it into the freezer for at least eight hours. Enjoy!
Good luck in the kitchen!
Well, that was our top 5 cannabis recipes. Get into the kitchen to start your experiments. Let us know especially what has become of your bakings, and whether you found a nice addition.
Or, you want to bake with cannabis, but do not have a cannabis plant? Check out our cannabis seeds ;-).