- Buy 2 for 6,26 each and save 10%
- Buy 5 for 5,91 each and save 15%
Spongepot is an ideal medium for germinating your seeds and creating roots on your cuttings. It is simple to use and has the possibility of high germination rates. The spongepot germination medium is perfect for beginners and a must for the serious gardener.
Advantages of Spongepot
- 100% organic
- Rapid germination
- Optimal humidity
- Easy to use
- Includes Bacto microorganisms
Bacto is a blend of beneficial micro-organisms that acts as a catalyst. The Myconate bacteria and fungi stimulate the plants and promote health.
- Take a litre of water with a temperature of 21 to 26 °C and add the Bacto. Mix the bacto well in the water.
- Moisten the spongepots with the water and allow the excess water to drain well. Keep the water you are not using for a later stage.
- Punch a hole of 5 to 10 mm with a thin pen or pencil in each Spongepot.
- Place a seed in each Spongepot. Seeds can be planted in any way you cannot go wrong. The plant will naturally find its way up.
- Place the spongepot in an environment with high humidity and a stable temperature of 22 to 26 °C.
- After 3 to 7 days, the seeds will germinate and you will see seedlings appear above the ground. From this point on you can repot them. Do you notice that the Spongepots are getting too dry in the meantime? Moisten them again with the water mix you saved (only if the seeds have not yet germinated).
Propagator or Cutting Tray
For step 5, you can use a propagator or cutting container with, for example, perlite on the bottom. You can fill the propagator with the water you have left from step 2. If you do not have a propagator, make sure that you place the Spongepot in a small, humid room. Use a small transparent bowl and cover it with cling film. Check the Spongepots daily to ensure they are still humid and water them if necessary.
Wait up to a week
Usually the seeds germinate within a week. After the cuttings appear, the Spongepots can be placed in the following (organic) medium such as a pot with soil.
|Substrate / Medium||Coconut Fibre, Hydro / Aero, Soil|
|Suitable for organic grow?||Yes|