Want to buy a pH meter? Then kill two birds with one stone with this advanced microprocessor pH meter. This digital pH meter has a built-in thermometer and temperature compensation for an extremely accurate reading of the acidity of your nutrient water.
Why buy a pH meter?
You buy a pH meter because you want to create a stable pH value for your weed plant. You do this by checking the nutrient water you give your weed plant. You take the water from the tap, add plant nutrition and measure the pH value. You adjust it if necessary and if the value is good, you can give it to your weed plants.
Adwa pH-meter User Instructions
- Turn on the AD12 by pressing and holding the ON/OFF/MODE button until the LCD lights up. Place the tip of the pH meter into the feed water. Make sure the water is well mixed and stir the water while measuring.
- To lock the current value in the display, press the SET/HOLD button while measuring.
- Read the values from the display and if necessary adjust the pH of the nutrient water. Read how to do this later.
- Turn off the AD12 by pressing the ON/OFF/MODE button until "OFF" appears in the display. Release the button.
- After use, rinse the bottom of the pH meter and put the protective cap back on.
After use, rinse the bottom of the pH meter and put the protective cap back on.
Attention: only immerse the tip of the pH meter in the water (up to where the protective cap ends). It is advisable to store the pH meter with a few drops of storage liquid. Under no circumstances use distilled water!
Ideal pH value for weed
The ideal pH value for weed differs per type of soil. With hydro- and coconut potting soil the ideal pH value is a bit lower than with cultivation on potting soil.
- Ideal pH value for growing weed on potting soil: between 6.0 and 6.5
- Ideal pH value for growing weed on hydro- and/or coconut potting soil: between 5.8 and 6.0
- Ideal pH value for growing weed on stone wool: around 6.0
- Digital pH-meter and thermometer in one from Adwa
- IP67 Water resistant: fully dustproof and waterproof up to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- pH range: -2.0 to 16.0 pH (full pH scale plus and minus 2 points for calibration errors)
- pH accuracy: 0.01 pH
- Temperature range: -5 to 60 °C
- Temperature accuracy: 0.5 °C
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Including stored calibration buffers, 4.01 and 7.01
- Batteries: 4 x 1.5V alkaline
- Battery life: up to 300 hours
- Automatic shutdown after 8 minutes
Adjusting the pH value
The pH value or acidity of the soil is important for your weed plant because the roots only absorb the nutrients at a certain value. For growing in the soil, a pH value of 6.0 to 6.5 is your guideline. Do you grow in coconut or other form of hydroponics? Then a pH of 5.8 to 6.0 is required. You adjust the pH value upwards by adding tap water (dilute). Tap water is often alkaline, so you rarely need to adjust the pH upwards with additives. To adjust the pH downwards you use a little pH-min of Plagron (recommended products). You always adjust the pH value downwards only after you have added the plant nutrition to the feeding water. To measure the pH value of your nutrition and water, you can use the pH meter in the recommended products.
Calibrate AD12 pH-meter
Do you want to calibrate this digital pH meter? Watch the video below for clear instructions.
- Additional Information
SKU 2320 Price 49.95 Availability In Stock Brand Adwa Dimensions 175 x 39 x 23 mm Model AD12