Cannabis Sativa was the first weed plant to be discovered. So it’s older than the Indica species. That could well be due to the place where Sativa mostly grows. In contrast to Indica, Sativa doesn’t grow in mountainous areas but only in locations where plenty of sun is to be found. Think here of sunny regions in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe also. Sativa weed was smuggled out of countries like Colombia and Thailand.
Initially, the plant was used as medicine. This mainly happened in Asian countries such as China and Thailand. The plant was discovered and used long before our era. Hash from the Sativa plant was already popular in Arab countries in the nineteenth century.
Haze is Sativa
The best-known Cannabis Sativas in the Netherlands are the Haze strains. Lemon Haze, Silver Haze, Amnesia Haze… these are all weeds originating from Sativa weed seeds. Are you a lover of sweet haze who would love to cultivate his or her own haze plants? Then you’ve come to the right place. We have the best haze weed seeds for you in this category!
Cannabinoids in Sativa
Cannabinoids are in every type of cannabis. These are substances which can bind themselves to receptors in your body which control feelings such as appetite, pain, tiredness and many other elements. As well as the familiar substances THC and CBD, there are many more active cannabinoids in Sativa and Indica. Then there are the terpenes. These are substances which can change the taste and the effects.
There is relatively more CBD in Sativa than in Indica. This provides mind-bending effects. Indica is richer in THC which means you feel the effect in your whole body. With Sativa, you often get higher and you feel it most in your head. Out of the two types, this is the one that makes you sociable, joyful and euphoric.
Effects of Sativa
Cannabis can affect everyone differently. But there are usually certain effects from Sativa or Indica types: The effects of Sativa in a nutshell:
- Can have sociable and creative effects.
- May bring about fits of laughter.
- Thanks to its relatively higher CBD percentage, Sativa is suitable for relaxing and medicinal uses.
- Energised feeling.
- Cheerful and euphoric.
- More of a feeling in your head than the whole body.
- In a certain sense gives you energy.
Indica and Sativa cannabis seeds each have their own benefits. The major reasons for choosing Sativa seeds are:
- Sativa is usually richer in CBD than Indica.
- Better for medical purposes.
- Less rich in THC than Indica. So, less stoned in your whole body.
- Larger plants with a higher yield per plant than Indica weed plants.
- Longer flowering period than Indica.
- Highly suited to outdoor cultivation (can be grown indoors too, but note: huge plants!)
Appearance of Sativa
You can easily recognise Sativa weed plants. They are much bigger than plants from Indica seeds. They can achieve a good 3 metres in height and therefore grow above the fence. Their enormous size means you get a higher total yield per plant. However, if you examine the yield per m2 then Indica is the more productive. Sativa weed plants have a finer leaf than Indica weed plants. You can recognise the leaf from its elegant thin fingers with ‘sharp nails’. An Indica leaf can be as wide as that of a maple.
Our range consists of Sativa weed seeds from the best brands on the market. These are the major ones:
- Greenhouse Seed Company has won many international Cannabis Cups in the past 25 years of existence, making it one of the most successful seed banks in the world. The complete line of genetics from Greenhouse Seeds is the result of intensive cultivation, crossing and backcrossing, resulting in a varied range of premium quality feminized seeds. Choose among autoflowering cannabis seeds, CBD cannabis seeds or seeds especially made for growing in specific conditions. Anyhow, Greenhouse Seed Co. is market leader in cannabis seeds with specific, delicious flavors and aromas.
- The Amsterdam Dutch Passion officially opened its doors in 1987, but the extensive cannabis genetics that formed the basis for the Dutch company dates back to the 1970s. Dutch Passion stands for expertise and Dutch pride. Dutch Passion's expert growers are the inventors of feminized cannabis seeds and they recently stepped into the flourishing world of CBD oil. For good reasons Dutch Passion won more than 50 Cannabis Cups with their world-famous cannabis genetics.
- The Humboldt Seeds Organization is a progressive company in Northern California with high-quality cannabis seeds. The company uses organic nutrients and sustainable, economic practices for the production of its quality seeds. This allows Humboldt Seeds to lead the company in a healthy and environmentally friendly way. The company is highly committed to helping people with its excellent medicinal cannabis seeds.
- In comparison to the established cannabis seeds brands, Medical Marijuana Genetics is fresh player on the cannabis seeds market. MM Genetics was founded in 2015 with the aim of making CBD-rich strains with therapeutic properties available to everyone. The prize-winning Candida was tested to contain 20% CBD and only 1% THC. This 20:1 ratio is the highest CBD:THC ratio ever measured in a European strain. Until now, all sorts of cannabis seeds from MMG are rich in CBD and the cannabis plants contain at least 10% CBD. MMG is one of a growing number of seed banks that encourages clients to grow beneficial marijuana varieties for their own use, at places where this is allowed.
- Barney’s Farm Seed company from Amsterdam is a team of experienced growers that work with cannabis seeds since its start in the 80s. Thanks to its experience, Barney's Farm is able to produce very high-quality seeds.
- Royal Queen Seeds' mantelpiece is full with awards. Take the Special Queen #1, Royal Dwarf Autoflower and Northern Light, for example. These plants earned the renowned cannabis Cup from Highlife and High Times. The ability to win is a result of the unique genetic line, based on 20 years of professional experience in cultivation.
As well as Sativa weed seeds from the best-known brands, we also have our own house brand at Dutch-Headshop. Specially selected marijuana seeds from the best seed banks. These private label marijuana seeds are a good choice for the price-conscious grower, as there are no expenses for advertising and marketing. These are good quality seeds.